Coliseum Authority to get update on Raiders lease

OAKLAND, Calif. -- The Coliseum Authority will meet Friday to get an update on the possibility of whether the Raiderscould stay in Oakland for another year.

Authority executive director Scott McKibben said he will update the board in a closed session on where things stand between the Raiders and the Coliseum following a lawsuit filed by the city of Oakland against the team and the NFL last month. No Raiders officials will be present.

The Raiders had pulled their $7.5 million lease offer for 2019 off the table following the lawsuit, but owner Mark Davis later said all options remain open for where the team will play its final season before moving into a new $1.8 billion, 65,000-seat stadium in Las Vegas in 2020.

McKibben said he has been in touch with Raiders president Marc Badain and told him the board is willing to meet after the team has done its due diligence looking into other sites.

The Bay Area News Group reported that the team will meet with the authority, but McKibben said nothing has been scheduled yet.

The Raiders have been searching for a temporary home the past month. They have had talks with the San Francisco Giants about sharing their ballpark, could share Levi's Stadium with the San Francisco 49ers or could try to find a stadium in another market.

The NFL has said a decision is needed sometime around the Super Bowl so the league can start making the 2019 schedule.
Copyright © 2021 ESPN Internet Ventures. All rights reserved.