About Cape Otway Centre for Conservation Ecology:
The Cape Otway Centre for Conservation & Ecology is a unique 4-star B&B that incorporates renewable energy practices and protects and rehabilitates injured wildlife. In the evening guests can go spotlighting for possums, sugar gliders and other nocturnal animals.
635 Lighthouse Road, Cape Otway
PO Box 296
Apollo Bay VIC 3233
Phone: (03) 5237 9297
Fax: (03) 5237 9299
The Great Ocean Ecolodge
AUSTRALIA ONE WEEK WALKABOUT:
Time starved and looking for an escape from the daily grind? Going walkabout in Australia is a time to refresh and rebalance. All you need is one week in Australia.
Australia's cities -- Sydney, Melbourne and Brisbane are bite-sized tastes of the whole country, where the people make it easy to enjoy the limitless adventure found in this naturally beautiful land.
Even better, Australia is now an affordable getaway, with record low fares from Qantas
Get ready to switch on, not off. Come walkabout in Australia for a week with Goway travel deals starting from $1,299. It's closer than you think -- a meal, a couple of movies and a sleep. With direct flights on Qantas from LAX into Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane, flying to Australia from the west coast of America is only 14 hours, largely the same as flying to Europe.
The people of Australia make it easy to enjoy adventures you may not have considered. Australia is their playground. Their generosity, freedom and inventiveness will have you exploring in no time.
For more information about any of these cities of airfare, visit www.australia.com
Australia's second-largest city, Melbourne is a vibrant centre with a bucketful of style. The city is noted for its labyrinth of laneways boasting hidden bars, eateries and designer shops, world-heritage gardens, performing arts, museums and galleries.
It's also sports-mad, being home to world-famous sporting events such as the Melbourne Cup, Australian Open Tennis and the 2011 Presidents Cup golf tournament.
Things to do:
- Hot air balloon flight over the city.
- Laneways tour (sommelier, shopping, or bar tour).
- Animal spotting day trip. See koalas and kangaroos in the nearby bush.
- Take a tram ride tour through the city.
- Wander Federation Square... a modern marvel of architecture, museums and restaurants all in one central city centre meeting spot.
- Watch a sporting match... AFL, tennis, Rugby League, Melbourne Cup... like a local.
- Yarra Valley
- Wine tasting, and learn about the workings of a winery at a cellar door
- Walk amongst Australian wildlife at Healesville Sanctuary
Philip Island/Mornington Peninsula
- Penguin Parade at Philip Island
- Visit a working Australian farm
- Wine taste in boutique wineries or ride through the vines
- Great Ocean Road Drive
- Surf lesson at Bells Beach
- Helicopter tour of the 12 Apostles ocean rock formations
- Great Ocean Walk