Castle damaged by fire; smoking boys blamed

(KGO)
March 12, 2012 6:06:47 PM PDT
The roof of a 14th-century Slovak castle was destroyed by fire and authorities say a grass fire started by two smoking boys is to blame.

Three bells in the bell tower melted and a new goth exhibit were also damaged, but firefighters managed to save 90 percent of the museum's collection.

Police say two local boys, aged 11 and 12, were trying to light a cigarette, but set the grass on the castle hill on fire instead.


Load Comments