Officials say the blaze started in the garage of the home on Blue Jay Drive just before 11 O'clock Wednesday night.
It quickly spread to the attic of the home. Everyone inside, including four children, managed to get out of safely.
"My oldest daughter noticed the fire and she said mom, mom there's flames coming from the garage and I tried to open the door to the garage but there was so much flames," displaced home owner Letitia Beshears said.
Firefighters believe the fire was caused by the parked car in the garage. The owner of the home said she was having problems with the car when she bought it two weeks ago.