An average of nearly 53,000 tweets were sent out per minute during his nomination speech. That's compared to Republican rival Mitt Romney, who averaged a little more than 14,000 tweets per minute during his speech last week in Tampa.
According to Twitter, the president's top-tweeted messages last night were:
- 43,646: "I'm no longer just the candidate, I'm the President"
- 39,002: "I will never turn medicare into a voucher"
- 38,597: Discussing Medicare
- 37,694: "We don't think government can solve all our problems..."
- 34,572: Quips about the Olympics and "Cold War mind warp"