Person seriously burned in Rohnert Park fire sparked by cigarette in garage

A person suffered serious burns in a fire in Rohnert Park early Saturday morning that started when a resident was smoking in a garage and gasoline caught fire, public safety officials said.

Public safety officers were called at 12:10 a.m. to a structure fire on San Antonio Drive.

When officers arrived they found a fire in the garage and smoke filling the home.

Officers kept the fire to the garage but not before it caused about $25,000 of damage and serious burns to a person's legs.

The injured person was taken to a hospital. Another resident was taken to a hospital by her husband.

In all, four people were displaced.
Related Topics:
firegarage firegas fumesburn injuriesRohnert Park
(Copyright 2018 by Bay City News, Inc. Republication, re-transmission or reuse without the express written consent of Bay City News, Inc. Is prohibited.)