Surveillance video shows the terrifying moments a 67-year-old customer is attacked by three people in a laundromat around 10 p.m. on Feb. 23.
FULL VIDEO: Surveillance video shows attack on older Asian man in SF laundromat
"Oh my God, he looks so scared...it's horrible and so concerning," says a nearby business owner, who watched surveillance video from that night.
The man is ambushed, dragged to the ground and robbed of several hundred dollars -- all in a matter of about 45 seconds.
"It's so hard to watch...an old man shoved down like that is so helpless," says the woman, who is equally shocked as several other citizens in the area.
This attack comes shortly after increased patrols in San Francisco's Chinatown on the heels of a number of attacks in Oakland's Chinatown.
VIDEO: Family outraged over SF DA's description of 84-year-old Asian man's suspected killer
On Feb. 18, SFPD community liaison members handed out fliers to raise awareness in Chinese communities, and San Francisco Supervisor Aaron Peskin touted extra visibility on the streets.
Since then, the effort hasn't let up.
Officer Robert Rueca, Public Information Officer for SFPD, spoke of the newly-appointed Central Station captain's effort to include an increased effort of patrols and "ability to respond to the community's needs."
VIDEO: Suspect arrested in attack on 91-year-old in Oakland's Chinatown
Rueca encouraged, despite the efforts by law enforcement, which include Chinese language reporting hotlines, neighbors must remain diligent.
According to SFPD documents, the three attackers may also be tied to multiple auto burglaries.
The San Francisco Police Officer's Association union is offering a $2,500 reward for information leading to an arrest.
"These random acts of violence targeting our Asian community members are no accident and they must end. The SFPOA stands with our Asian community and all San Franciscans in wanting these perpetrators to be caught and held accountable," says Tony Montoya of the SFPOA.
SFPD continues to ask the community to be on alert in order to stay safe and encourage those who are witnesses to a crime or part of one to call 415-558-5588, which will provide Cantonese and Mandarin translation.
VIDEO: Elderly Asian man attacked, humiliated while collecting cans in San Francisco neighborhood
RELATED STORIES & VIDEOS:
- Shocking video shows 91-year-old man senselessly pushed to ground in Oakland's Chinatown
- Daniel Wu, W. Kamau Bell discuss shocking crimes against Asian Americans
- Santa Cruz Warriors guard Jeremy Lin comments on racial slur directed at him
- #StandForAsians rally draws hundreds in San Mateo with 7th grader leading the charge
- Actors Daniel Dae Kim, Daniel Wu discuss violent crimes against Asian Americans in Bay Area
- Police investigating after Asian man stabbed in back in NYC's Chinatown
- Burma Superstar offers $5,000 reward as ABC7 receives reports of additional attacks on Asian Americans
- EXCLUSIVE: Former Bay Area gang member arrested after threatening to kill Asians online
- 'We're on alert': Volunteers arm Oakland Chinatown business owners with air horns for safety
- Arrest in NYC assault on Chinese woman after Olivia Munn called for public's help
- Hundreds of people are volunteering to escort elderly Asian Americans to help keep them safe
- Surge in racism against Asian Americans spurs calls for change
- Oakland police chief visits Chinatown shops, emphasizes need for 'greater presence' after attacks, crime