The VTA railyard attack is tied for the deadliest shooting on record in the region. There have now been five mass shootings in the last 10 years.
In 2011, a 47-year-old man killed three of his coworkers during a safety meeting at Lehigh Cement in Cupertino.
RELATED: Victims ID'd after deadly attack at VTA light rail yard
In 2012, a 43-year-old man opened fire at Oikos University in Oakland, killing seven and injuring three others.
In 2017, a UPS worker shot and killed three coworkers at a company facility in San Francisco.
The latest attack was two years ago in July of 2019 when a 19-year-old gunman killed three people, including a 6-year-old boy, and injured several others at the Gilroy Garlic Festival.
RELATED STORIES & VIDEOS:
- San Jose VTA attack is 18th mass shooting in California this year
- 9 people dead in San Jose VTA rail yard shooting, including gunman
- New info released about suspected VTA rail yard shooter Sam Cassidy
- Officials share emotional reactions to SJ rail yard tragedy
- Local resources for survivors and victims of gun violence