"There's a lot of misinformation out there and we just wanted to see how it affected people before we decided to get it," Vinnard said. "But we didn't do it in time--we didn't think about it until it was too late at that point."
RELATED: Nearly all COVID-19 deaths in US are now among people who weren't vaccinated
She and her husband Brad Vinnard hesitated to get vaccinated, because the issue had been so politicized.
"One of his last posts on Facebook was 'please go get vaccinated, this is nothing nice,'" Vinnard said. "And then he asked me, 'honey, please go tell our friends to go get vaccinated. Show them the picture of me in here and tell them they don't want to be where I'm at right now."
68-year-old Brad Vinnard died on Saturday. He was a salesman and an avid motorcyclist.
RELATED: Breakthrough COVID cases: Doctor explains your chances of contracting virus after vaccination
Vinnard believes her husband caught COVID-19 while at a party. She also caught the virus from him. She says she plans on getting vaccinated in 90 days, the recommended timeline for those who have recovered from the virus.
After the loss of her husband, Vinnard's mission is to continue to sway others to get the COVID vaccine, the way she wished someone would have persuaded her. She said she had already changed some minds.
"We have a large community of fellow biker people and now they realize that it's really real," she said. "It really has left a huge void in our life, and we won't ever forget him and I want to keep his memory alive by keeping people alive. That's my message."
VACCINE TRACKER: How California is doing, when you can get a coronavirus vaccine
Having trouble loading the tracker above? Click here to open it in a new window.
RELATED STORIES & VIDEOS:
- Cheat sheet: What you can and can't do after being fully vaccinated
- Everything to know about your 2nd Pfizer or Moderna shot
- Can a workplace require the coronavirus vaccine? Here's what we found
- CA COVID-19 Vaccine Tracker: See your status here
- Map shows every Bay Area vaccination site
- These CA counties are way ahead in vaccinations
- MAP: See how many people are vaccinated in your ZIP code
- How to register for a COVID-19 vaccine in every Bay Area county