Annemarie Guido teaches second grade at Lietz Elementary School in San Jose. Her first year as a teacher was just last year.
ABC7 News Anchor Ama Daetz spoke with her about preparing to have some of her kids back in class in a matter of days.
RELATED: Families leaving San Francisco Unified for schools with in-person learning
"I'm really excited. And what's been so great is our families have a choice. They can stay in-person or online," Annemarie said. "So about half of my kids are coming in-person with me and half of them are staying online. I'm going to be teaching the kids in-person in the morning and then they'll go home. And then in the afternoons, I'll log onto Zoom and I'll Zoom with the rest of my kids, and every Wednesday we'll have a whole group online Zoom meeting. So I am so excited and ready to get back into the classroom. I cannot wait."
RELATED: California school reopening map shows private schools opening in-person where public schools aren't
She also talked about how Union School District's nurse, Kristina Suzuki, helped get her classroom ready for in-person learning.
"She literally came around and looked at every single classroom to make sure that it was up to the standards that it needs to be safe, and gave me ideas of ways that I can pull small groups and still make it remain safe," said Annemarie.
In-person learning at Lietz Elementary resumes on Monday, Feb. 22.
RELATED STORIES & VIDEOS:
- How to register for COVID-19 vaccine in every Bay Area county
- Map: CA counties that can, can't reopen under new rules
- CALCULATOR: Find out how many people may get a COVID-19 vaccine before you
- VIDEO: When will I get the COVID-19 vaccine? We explain who goes 1st
- Updated number of COVID-19 deaths, cases in Bay Area
- Map shows everywhere you can get a COVID-19 test in the Bay Area
- How are Chinatown businesses surviving? Here's what we found
- From COVID-19 to Black Lives Matter, these 13 people defined the Bay Area in 2020
- COVID-19 Diaries: Personal stories of Bay Area residents during pandemic
- California EDD: The most commonly asked questions we get about unemployment and PUA
- How to tell the difference between seasonal allergies and coronavirus symptoms
- Here's which mask is better to protect from COVID-19
- First COVID-19 vaccine volunteers in US describe experience as Bay Area launches vaccine trials
- Coronavirus origin: Where did COVID-19 come from?
- What is a COVID-19 genetic, antigen and antibody test?
- What will it take to get a COVID-19 vaccine and how will it be made?
- What does COVID-19 do to your body and why does it spread so easily?
- Here's how shelter in place, stay at home orders can slow spread of COVID-19
- Coronavirus Timeline: Tracking major moments of COVID-19 pandemic in San Francisco Bay Area
- Coronavirus Doctor's Note: Dr. Alok Patel gives his insight into COVID-19 pandemic