"I still have to do online work, but also I have to help my kids with their work. Which is hard because one is in middle school and one is in elementary school," said parents, Alise Minor.
RELATED: What will distance learning look like? Here's what's happening with SFUSD
Single mom, Alise Minor is concerned about her kids' education. Distance learning during the pandemic was brutal for them.
"Do you think that you learned what you were supposed to in the last couple months of this school year?" we asked.
Not really," said 13-year-old, Nevaeh Sneed.
Last year, a San Francisco report concluded that more than 100,000 San Franciscans do not have high-speed internet access at home.
RELATED: While schools within California county watch list eye distance learning, some parents aren't so sure
"Wifi has been gone for 2-3 days straight. So if there is no wifi they can't do their work period. Sometimes I have to go to my mom's house, or go to another location just so they can complete their work," said Minor.
In April, the San Francisco Unified School District distributed over 5,200 devices to students. Nonprofit's like Dev/Mission also answered this call.
"Close to 100 computer since March to this point. We have also distributed over 80 tables in the Bayview/Hunters Point area with another Grant as well," said Dev/Mission's founder, Leonardo Sosa.
RELATED: Gov. Newsom announces which CA school districts can reopen in the fall amid pandemic
Sosa hopes there's a biggest push for helping more underprivileged families to have the right resources for distance learning.
"I also go back to do you have a desk? Do you have a chair? Do you have a keyboard? A mouse?," said Sosa.
As to 6-year-old Donte Mays, he's not looking forward to a new school year through a screen
"It's hard because the teachers sometimes have to help other people while we need help to," said Mays.
If you have a question or comment about the coronavirus pandemic, submit yours via the form below or here.Get the latest news, information and videos about the novel coronavirus pandemic here
RELATED STORIES & VIDEOS:
- COVID-19 risk calculator: Quiz yourself on the safest, most dangerous things you can do as CAreopens
- COVID-19 Help: Comprehensive list of resources, information
- When will the San Francisco Bay Area reopen? Track progress on 6 key metrics to reopening here
- Reopening California: What's opening and when in the Bay Area
- Everything we know about CA businesses opening and what comes next
- Life after COVID-19: Here's what restaurants, gyms will look like
- Here's everything allowed to open in CA (and what we're still waiting on)
- INTERACTIVE TIMELINE: How close was CA to becoming a NY-level crisis?
- What is a COVID-19 genetic, antigen and antibody test?
- Coronavirus Timeline: Tracking major moments of COVID-19 pandemic in San Francisco Bay Area/
- List: Where can I get tested for COVID-19 in the Bay Area?
- COVID-19 Diaries: Personal stories of Bay Area residents during novel coronavirus pandemic
- Coronavirus Doctor's Note: Dr. Alok Patel gives his insight into COVID-19 pandemic
- What does COVID-19 do to your body and why does it spread so easily?
- WATCH: 'Race & Coronavirus: A Bay Area Conversation' virtual town hall about COVID-19 impact on Asian American community
- WATCH: 'Race & Coronavirus: A Bay Area Conversation' virtual town hall about COVID-19 impact on African American community
- WATCH: 'Race & Coronavirus: A Bay Area Conversation' virtual town hall about COVID-19 impact on Latino community
- WATCH: 'Your Mental Health: A Bay AreaConversation' virtual town hall addressing COVID-19 impact on mental health
- Symptoms, prevention, and how to prepare for a COVID-19 outbreak in the US
- Here's a look at some of history's worst pandemics that have killed millions