This is in connection with a COVID-19 antibody test developed by Arrayit of Sunnyvale.
I-TEAM: Owner of Silicon Valley lab accused of filing more than $69M in false COVID-19 test claims
Doctors Julie Taguchi and Madan Mohan face a maximum of ten years in prison and a $250,000 fine.
They are expected to testify against Arrayit founder Mark Schena.
Prosecutors say the company's coronavirus antibody test often gave false results, and that Arrayit bundled the COVID-19 test with extensive allergy tests for which they could bill Medi-Cal at a much higher rate.
Both Taguchi and Mohan admitted they allowed Arrayit to use their medical licenses, to submit Medi-Cal reimbursements for patients they had never seen.
VIDEO: Founder of Silicon Valley lab charged with fraud in connection to COVID-19 antibody tests
If you have a question or comment about the coronavirus pandemic, submit yours via the form below or here. Get the latest news, information and videos about the novel coronavirus pandemic here
RELATED STORIES & VIDEOS:
- Map: CA counties that can, can't reopen under new rules
- COVID-19 risk calculator: The safest and most dangerous things to do this holiday season
- Updated number of COVID-19 deaths, cases in Bay Area
- COVID-19 Help: Comprehensive list of resources, information
- California EDD: The most commonly asked questions we get about unemployment and PUA
- Health experts urge flu shots in effort to avoid 'twindemic'
- How to tell the difference between seasonal allergies and coronavirus symptoms
- Here's which mask is better to protect from COVID-19
- First COVID-19 vaccine volunteers in US describe experience as Bay Area launches vaccine trials
- From salons to dinner parties: Experts rate the risk of 12 activities
- Coronavirus origin: Where did COVID-19 come from?
- What is a COVID-19 genetic, antigen and antibody test?
- What will it take to get a COVID-19 vaccine and how will it be made?
- What does COVID-19 do to your body and why does it spread so easily?
- Here's how shelter in place, stay at home orders can slow spread of COVID-19
- Coronavirus Timeline: Tracking major moments of COVID-19 pandemic in San Francisco Bay Area
- COVID-19 Diaries: Personal stories of Bay Area residents during novel coronavirus pandemic
- Coronavirus Doctor's Note: Dr. Alok Patel gives his insight into COVID-19 pandemic