Evadne Williams got her coronavirus test on June 28, but still doesn't know whether or not she has the virus.
RELATED: How Bay Area data scientists are 'accurately' forecasting US COVID-19 cases
Williams says it took just 10 minutes waiting in her car and five minutes getting tested for COVID-19, but she's spent much longer waiting for her results.
"It's going to be two weeks come Sunday and no test results yet," said Williams.
Williams took a free test at CVS which she says is being processed by Quest Diagnostics.
"I have some pre-existing conditions and I just wanted to make sure I was okay," she said.
COVID-19 RISK CALCULATOR: Quiz yourself on the safest, most dangerous things you can do as CA reopens
Originally she was told two to five business days for the results, then three to seven business days.
"I've been looking through my email almost every day nothing," said Williams.
ABC7 News reached out to both CVS and Quest.
In an emailed statement, CVS in part writes, "The increase in cases of COVID-19 in certain areas of the country is causing extremely high demand for tests across the board. This has caused backlogs for our lab partners and is delaying their processing of patient samples."
RELATED: Coronavirus testing demands reaching 'unprecedented levels' amid reports of backlog
Quest directed us to their website which explains the western regions of the country are among those where demand continues to rise, outpacing capacity.
According to a Quest July 6 update, Quest writes, "We are doing everything we can to bring more COVID-19 testing to patients in the United States at this critical time."
Williams says her biggest concern is for people who are asymptomatic and waiting on test results.
"Other people might have it and they're exposing other people to this virus," said Williams.
Quest says turnaround times fluctuate with demand and vary by region.
If you have a question or comment about the coronavirus pandemic, submit yours via the form below or here.Get the latest news, information and videos about the novel coronavirus pandemic here
RELATED STORIES & VIDEOS:
- COVID-19 risk calculator: Quiz yourself on the safest, most dangerous things you can do as CAreopens
- COVID-19 Help: Comprehensive list of resources, information
- When will the San Francisco Bay Area reopen? Track progress on 6 key metrics to reopening here
- Reopening California: What's opening and when in the Bay Area
- Everything we know about CA businesses opening and what comes next
- Life after COVID-19: Here's what restaurants, gyms will look like
- Here's everything allowed to open in CA (and what we're still waiting on)
- INTERACTIVE TIMELINE: How close was CA to becoming a NY-level crisis?
- What is a COVID-19 genetic, antigen and antibody test?
- Coronavirus Timeline: Tracking major moments of COVID-19 pandemic in San Francisco Bay Area/
- List: Where can I get tested for COVID-19 in the Bay Area?
- COVID-19 Diaries: Personal stories of Bay Area residents during novel coronavirus pandemic
- Coronavirus Doctor's Note: Dr. Alok Patel gives his insight into COVID-19 pandemic
- What does COVID-19 do to your body and why does it spread so easily?
- WATCH: 'Race & Coronavirus: A Bay Area Conversation' virtual town hall about COVID-19 impact on Asian American community
- WATCH: 'Race & Coronavirus: A Bay Area Conversation' virtual town hall about COVID-19 impact on African American community
- WATCH: 'Race & Coronavirus: A Bay Area Conversation' virtual town hall about COVID-19 impact on Latino community
- WATCH: 'Your Mental Health: A Bay AreaConversation' virtual town hall addressing COVID-19 impact on mental health
- Symptoms, prevention, and how to prepare for a COVID-19 outbreak in the US
- Here's a look at some of history's worst pandemics that have killed millions