RELATED: What will restaurants, gyms, flights, stores will look like after COVID-19?
California shut down 280 parking lots at state parks and beaches during the first few weeks of the COVID-19 pandemic to discourage non-local visitors and overcrowding.
In May, they reopened 27 of those lots. Now, that number has grown to 145.
Here are the lots that have reopened in the greater Bay Area:
- Año Nuevo State Park (San Mateo County)
- Bean Hollow State Beach (San Mateo County)
- Benicia State Recreation Area (Solano County)
- Big Basin Redwoods State Park (Santa Cruz County)
- Burleigh H. Murray Ranch Park Property (San Mateo County)
- Carnegie State Vehicular Recreation Area (Alameda/San Joaquin counties)
- Castle Rock State Park (Santa Cruz/Santa Clara/San Mateo counties)
- China Camp State Park (Marin County)
- Half Moon Bay State Beach (San Mateo County)
- Henry Cowell Redwoods State Park (Santa Cruz County)
- Montara State Beach (San Mateo County)
- Mount Diablo State Park (Contra Costa County)
- Olompali State Historic Park (Marin County)
- Pacifica State Beach (San Mateo County)
- Pescadero State Beach (San Mateo County)
- San Gregorio State Beach (San Mateo County)
- The Forest of Nisene Marks State Park (Santa Cruz County)
- Wilder Ranch State Park (Santa Cruz County)
Many of the reopened parking lots have very limited capacity to avoid overcrowding. Before you head out to any park or beach, check the latest on the state park website.
If you have a question or comment about the coronavirus pandemic, submit yours via the form below or here.
Get the latest news, information and videos about the novel coronavirus pandemic here
RELATED STORIES & VIDEOS:
- COVID-19 Help: Comprehensive list of resources, information
- When will the San Francisco Bay Area reopen? Track progress on 6 key metrics to reopening here
- Life after COVID-19: Here's what restaurants, gyms will look like
- WATCH LIVE: Daily briefings from CA, Bay Area officials
- Live updates about coronavirus outbreak in US, around the world
- INTERACTIVE TIMELINE: How close was CA to becoming a NY-level crisis?
- What is a COVID-19 genetic, antigen and antibody test?
- Everything you need to know about the Bay Area's shelter-in-place order
- Coronavirus Timeline: Tracking major moments of COVID-19 pandemic in San Francisco Bay Area/
- List: Where can I get tested for COVID-19 in the Bay Area?
- COVID-19 Diaries: Personal stories of Bay Area residents during novel coronavirus pandemic
- Coronavirus Doctor's Note: Dr. Alok Patel gives his insight into COVID-19 pandemic
- What does COVID-19 do to your body and why does it spread so easily?
- WATCH: 'Race & Coronavirus: A Bay Area Conversation' virtual town hall about COVID-19 impact on Asian American community
- WATCH: 'Race & Coronavirus: A Bay Area Conversation' virtual town hall about COVID-19 impact on African American community
- WATCH: 'Race & Coronavirus: A Bay Area Conversation' virtual town hall about COVID-19 impact on Latino community
- WATCH: 'Your Mental Health: A Bay Area Conversation' virtual town hall addressing COVID-19 impact on mental health
- Symptoms, prevention, and how to prepare for a COVID-19 outbreak in the US
- List of stores, companies closing due to coronavirus pandemic
- No masks but here are 100+ products that may help protect you against novel coronavirus germs
- Here's a look at some of history's worst pandemics that have killed millions