SAN FRANCISCO (KGO) -- United Airlines has a new coronavirus test site at San Francisco International Airport.
The company transformed the arrivals lounge in Terminal 3 near baggage claim into a COVID-19 test clinic that can administer more than 500 tests a day.
RELATED: Vending machine to sell COVID-19 tests at Oakland International Airport
One traveler was at the door when the clinic opened Wednesday morning, looking to get tested. She found out the night before her results were not going to be back in time for her flight to Hawaii.
"I took it too early. I took it past the 72-hour mark. When I entered all the information into the safe travel app they require, it said, 'Nope! You are not valid to fly!' I would have to quarantine. I'm like 'nooo! My whole week in Hawaii is ruined!' I am very appreciative of express check," said Abikaliah Scarbrough of Berkeley as she headed in for her test.
RELATED: Stanford tests new COVID-19 vaccine that can be more easily distributed around the world
Her rapid test cost $200. United also offers a PCR test that takes 24-48 hours. It costs $75.
The site is open to all travelers no matter what airline they are flying. The site takes appointments, but also accepts walk-ins.
Having trouble loading the tracker above? Click here to open it in a new window.
RELATED STORIES & VIDEOS:
- Map shows which counties can, can't reopen under reopening tiers
- Cheat sheet: What you can and can't do after being fully vaccinated
- How to register for a COVID-19 vaccine in every Bay Area county
- Map shows everywhere you can get a COVID-19 test in the Bay Area
- Interactive map shows what's closed and what's reopening in the San Francisco Bay Area
- Data tracker: Coronavirus cases, deaths, hospitalizations in every Bay Area county
- Third stimulus check calculator: See how much you could get
- COVID-19 Diaries: Personal stories of Bay Area residents during pandemic
- Get the latest updates on California EDD, stimulus checks, unemployment benefits
- Coronavirus origin: Where did COVID-19 come from?
- What is a COVID-19 genetic, antigen and antibody test?
- What does COVID-19 do to your body and why does it spread so easily?
- Coronavirus Timeline: Tracking major moments of COVID-19 pandemic in San Francisco Bay Area
- Coronavirus Doctor's Note: Dr. Alok Patel gives his insight into COVID-19 pandemic