Northstar, Heavenly and Kirkwood ski resorts will be closed starting Sunday, March 15.
RELATED: Cancellations, closures related to COVID-19 in San Francisco Bay Area
Vail Resorts, which owns all three, made the decision to close all North American mountain resorts until Monday, March 23.
Squaw Valley and Alpine Meadows is also suspending operations tomorrow with no immediate plans to reopen.
Effective tomorrow, Sunday, March 15, Squaw Alpine will be suspending operations until further notice. We believe this is in the best interest of our guests, employees, & local community. Please read our full statement here: https://t.co/vzHhrgHKeC pic.twitter.com/neYTUSzUf2— Squaw Valley Alpine Meadows (@squawalpine) March 15, 2020
RELATED STORIES & VIDEOS:
- Live updates about coronavirusoutbreak in US, around the world
- What to know about COVID-19 in Calif., how it'saffecting San Francisco Bay Area
- Coronavirus: Cancellations, suspensions and shortages related to the global virus outbreak
- How coronavirus compares with the flu
- No masks but here are 100+ products that may help protect you against novel coronavirus germs
- Everything Americans need to know about coronavirus
- Coronavirus Prevention: How to properly wash your hands
- Busting COVID-19 coronavirus myths: Facts from the Centers for Disease Control
- Here's a look at some of history's worst pandemics that have killed millions
- Coronavirus Outbreak: 7 questions answered
- Is the new COVID-19 virus more 'deadly' than flu? Not exactly
- Coronavirus outbreak: Health expert shares tips for preparedness, emergency supply list to stay healthy
- Coronavirus: SF artist creates realistic-looking custom respirator masks that unlocks iPhones
- Coronavirus outbreak: SF doctor explains how to protect yourself, stay healthy
- Coronavirus: SF State educator addresses xenophobia in the Bay Area
- SF Mayor London Breed explains declaring state of emergency over coronavirus