RELATED: Remnants of 'bomb cyclone' or 'bombogenesis' hover over Bay Area as rain continues
In a video shared by the CHP, debris can be seen flying through the air as pieces of an Ace Hardware store were ripped off by the wind.
The video was taken from inside of a CHP office.
RELATED: What is a 'bomb cyclone' and what does it mean for this week's Northern California storm?
"We're not in Kansas anymore, Toto!" the Highway Patrol said on Facebook.
"Do not underestimate the power of this storm! Stay home and do not travel unless necessary. Ace Hardwares roof peeling off and coming into our back parking lot."
It was the first bomb cyclone the Bay Area has seen in at least 15 years.
Watch the latest AccuWeather forecast and take a look at recent weather stories and videos.
RELATED STORIES & VIDEOS:
- VIDEO: Watch the latest AccuWeather forecast
- How to prepare your home for winter storms
- TIPS: How do you recover from hydroplaning?
- TIPS: Here's how to use sandbags and prevent flooding
- Planning a snow trip? Check out these Sierra driving tips from the pros
- How to drive safely in snow
- Tips to help you drive in dense fog
- Tips for staying safe while hitting the slopes