Deana and Wona are women who love food, cooking and Trader Joe's. They found themselves wishing there was a cookbook devoted to their favorite grocer. When they realized one didn't exist, they decided to write one themselves.
"Cooking with All Things Trader Joe's" provides easy dinner solutions for busy moms, amateur cooks, bachelors looking for a "meal to impress" and anyone who loves the variety and quality of foods found at Trader Joe's stores around the country.
Peanutty Sesame Noodles
Prep time: 10 minutes
Hands-off cooking time: 10 minutes
These are the fresh and tasty sesame peanut noodles you remember from your favorite Chinese restaurant. Serve these flavorful noodles at room temperature or cold right out of the fridge. Add cooked chicken or tofu chunks to make it a standalone one-dish meal.
- 8 oz spaghetti noodles
- 1 cup shredded carrot, available pre-shredded in the produce section
- 1/2 cup peeled and sliced cucumber
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1/4 cup roasted peanuts, crushed
1. Cook noodles according to package directions. Drain.
2. Pour Easy Peanutty Sauce (recipe below) over noodles and toss until noodles are evenly coated. Add carrots and cucumber. Toss gently.
3. Top with green onions and crushed peanuts.
Easy Peanutty Sauce
- 1/4 cup Trader Ming's Soyaki or Veri Veri Teriyaki
- 1/4 cup Creamy Salted Peanut Butter
- 2 tsp Toasted Sesame Oil
- 1/4 cup water
1. Whisk Soyaki, peanut butter, and sesame oil until blended.
2. Add water and mix well.