Spruce Up Your Spring Skincare Regimen with Ole Henriksen:
- Important to exfoliate: It should be on everyone's routine, especially to dislodge clogging. A tan always looks best on smooth soft and clean skin with no visible pores. Therefore, giving your complexion an exfoliating treatment two or three times a week leading up to summer is important.
- Important to hydrate: use the same crème year round. This may be contrary to what you usually hear, but if you have a crème that works for you, there's no need to buy more than one for different seasons. It's all in the application. In the spring and hot, humid summer months, use your crème more sparingly. In the cold, dry winter months, use a generous helping of your crème. In either environment, your skin should be soft and supple to the touch.
- Use a daily moisturizer with SPF 15. This is without a doubt the best option you have to guard against long-term sun damage. Even if you spend most of your day indoors, your skin can be exposed to the sun in your car, on your way to lunch and even through the windows in your office.
- Your skin has a memory - sun damage can start at a young age if precautionary steps are not taken. Continued exposure to sunlight, especially without protection, will gradually make the skin lose elasticity resulting in a textural breakdown and broken capillaries.
- Sunbathing is like putting a torch to the face and zaps the life out of our skin. Fortunately we can reverse mild sun damage and protect our skin against further damage. It's never too late to give your skin a second chance.
- To help reverse mild sun damage, use African Red Tea Foaming Cleanser and African Red Tea Mist morning and night. At night, use the African Red Tea See The Difference Serum to reduce the appearance of wrinkles and sun damage over time.
Ole Henriksen Original Complexion Scrub
- 2 oz of powdered brown sugar
- 1 small teaspoonful of plain yogurt
- 1 oz of sesame oil
- Mix all the ingredients together, into a smooth paste. Store in the fridge.
- Use three times weekly at night.
- Deep cleansing, pore tightening, exfoliating and retexturizing
- Sugar contains natural Alpha Hydroxy Acids that helps to dislodge dead skin cells and refine the skin's texture.
- Sugar is also a very effectual exfoliant.
- Yogurt contains Lactic Acid that impacts skin with its cell renewing/whitening and brightening benefits.
- Sesame Oil is both nourishing and soothing, while also allowing the scrub to slip across the face and neck in a gentle and effortless manner.
Aloe vera gel and chamomile tea
- Mix of aloe vera gel and chamomile tea to create a body mist.
- This should be applied after you get home and shower to cool and comfort your skin.
- Apply pure aloe vera gel in a thick layer across the burned area. Aloe vera contains naturally healing steroids and the mist can be kept in the fridge so that it's nice and cooling when you use it.
- During summer keep aloe in the fridge to apply, even after just a regular day in the city because it feels more refreshing and uplifting.
- You can also apply whole milk with compresses or mist it on - whole milk contains anti inflammatory properties.
- Another option is an oatmeal bath - soak in oatmeal - it is incredible for the skin and has anti inflammatory properties as well.
Apply your SPF product at least a half-hour before sun exposure, so that it can interact effectively with your skin properly. Always make sure to re-apply after swimming. Do not ever directly sun-bathe your face while on the beach.
You will still get color from being in the outdoor elements. Be sure to place a light cotton cloth or scarf over your face. It is important to apply a generous amount of sunscreen - more is better than less - especially important to be generous before you go out in the sun for hours on end so that you get a protective mantle established for your skin.
Make sure you bring the sunscreen up to the eye area, since that is an area that shows the first signs of aging. By using a water resistant sun block, your sunscreen won't slip into the eyes.
Always bring a hand held mirror to the beach so that you can check your complexion throughout the day and keep tabs on it. It's also good when you want to reapply your sun block so that you won't miss any important areas of your face.
You always want to drink plenty of water to rehydrate on the beach. It is absolutely key. Be sure to eat foods that are light like salads and fresh fruits because they are filled with antioxidants.
When you are outdoors, use your time for fun, physical activities that are good for your cardiovascular health - it's a great way to exercise and tone, stay healthy.
If you have gotten a mild sun burn:
- You can apply whole milk with compresses or mist it on - whole milk contains anti-inflammatory properties.
- Another option is an oatmeal bath - soak in oatmeal - it is incredible for the skin and has anti-inflammatory properties as well.
Since everyone wants a golden glow on their face, he will suggest that you take your favorite moisturizer with SPF (will use herbal day crème SPF 15 on the air) - mix it with a tan colored mineral powder. This gives a translucent golden glow and you're doing it with something natural and good for the skin.
About Ole Henriksen:
Ole Henriksen was born and raised in a tiny village of Nibe in the Danish countryside. After an idyllic upbringing, Ole's desire for adventure took him to Indonesia and during his travels, his skin became inflamed with cystic acne. Luckily he fell into the hands of a talented esthetician named Lagita who provided various botanical treatments at her clinic in Jakarta.
Lagita's magic brought his complexion back to perfection and peaked Ole's interest in skin care. Eager to learn more, Ole moved to London to pursue degrees in skin care and cosmetic chemistry before venturing over to the United States to begin a thriving spa business, Ole Henriksen Face/Body, in Hollywood, California.
Today, his spa serves some of the world's most famous faces and his skin care products are found in the most prominent stores, spa's and boutiques; some of which are Fred Segal Los Angeles, Henry Bendel in New York, Sephora USA and Canada, Lane Crawford Hong Kong and China, Magasin and Illum in Denmark, Harvey Nichols and Harrods in the U.K., NK and Ahlens in Sweden.
These are substantial accomplishments for a man who has stated time and again that his "main skin care ambition is to ensure each and every client is rewarded with the best skin possible."The Ole Henriksen product line is designed to be simple, effective and safe for use by all skin types.
Nature's most active extracts are infused into every formulation, impacting skins renewing power in a most positive manner. Step- by -step, skin is propelled toward a level of perfection from faithful use. The range includes the best selling 3 little wonders kit (which is comprised of truth serum, sheer transformation and invigorating night gel), the african red tea anti-aging product line, the award-winning micro mini peel kit as well as many other products targeting specific skin types and concerns.
The award-winning product packaging with its uniquely bold, colorful design make the brand stand out in a very competitive shopping environment.
Perhaps Ole's greatest asset is his 'down to earth' caring approach to life and business. Ole is never too busy to meet a customer, whether it is a star of the silver screen or a customer on the department store sales floor.
Put simply, the Ole Henriksen brand strongly reflects Ole's personal belief that 'less is more.' He works tirelessly promoting the brand with appearances around the world.
The energy and excitement Ole brings to his brand and the skin care industry makes him a favorite among magazine editors and customers alike.
To read more about Ole Henriksen visit the website at www.olehenriksen.com