How to Make an Herbal Compress at Home:
- Fabric cut into 12x12 (cotton, muslin, cheese cloth layered 2-3 times)
- Cotton string 33" long
- Eucalyptus Leaves
- Lemon or Orange Peel
- Ginger- anti-inflammatory
- Rice (uncooked)
- Electrical Vegetable Steamer or Rice Cooker with vegetable basket insert
- Metal Steamer placed inside a pot
- Electrical Deep fryer in the basket
- Fill the heating unit with water below the basket.
- Place a piece of fabric on a flat surface and lay it out in front of you.
- Place one cup of the ingredient mixture in the center of the cloth, and wrap tightly with the string to make a small compress/bundle.
- Make two compresses per session.
- Dip the compresses in water for 15-20 seconds and place compresses in the steamer and heat for 15 minutes.
- Remove one compress from the steamer with a washcloth and allow it to cool sufficiently before using it. (Test each bundle on your forearm before using.)
- Apply the compress to skin by pressing or rolling it onto the muscle with moderate pressure. When each compress has cooled, place it back in the steamer to re-heat.
- Always use fresh herbs for each session.
Pebble Beach, CA 93953
Spa Reservations: (831) 649-7615 or (888) 565-7615