There was fire inside historic Armstrong Woods State Park in Guerneville on Monday.
INTERACTIVE MAP: Track wildfires across Bay Area, other parts of CA
"It's been burning all the way down, looks like it'll keep going," said State Parks ranger Mike Lair.
The Walbridge Fire made its way to the floor of the Russian River Valley in Guerneville, slowly creeping into the center of this historic park of old growth redwood trees. Firefighters were close by, watching its progress and ready to protect the grove.
"If it continues to go that way we won't see any damage to the trees, if it becomes an inferno type, we've got concerns," said Lair.
VIDEO: Walbridge Fire 'dodged a bullet' in the North Bay with favorable weather conditions
After almost a week of fighting this fire, crews are slowly making progress. But the fire has been relentless, feeding on dry brush. Several homes have been lost in the hills above Healdsburg.
CAL FIRE feared a weather system with lightning could make things worse.
"We really dodged a bullet on this one, happy to hear the system fell apart and didn't have significant effects on the fire," said CalFire spokesperson Paul Lowenthal.
Several communities along the Russian River remain under mandatory evacuation orders.
RELATED: Latest on LNU, CZU and SCU Lightning Complex fire evacuations, road closures
Harry Singh's mini mart is the only place open for miles.
"We're trying to help, we appreciate the sheriff and fire department," he said.
Others wonder when will the threat of fires will end.
"I thought we'd seen the end of it with fires in Lake and Sonoma counties, who knew it would get this bad," said Steve Guastucci.
Get the latest updates and videos on wildfires burning across the Bay Area here.
RELATED STORIES & VIDEOS:
- Track wildfires across Bay Area with this interactive map
- Here are all the fires burning in the Bay Area right now
- Latest on LNU, CZU and SCU Complex Fire evacuations, road closures
- WATCH: Staggering footage shows lightning storm that started complex fires
- Photos show scope of Bay Area wildfires' devastation
- Track air quality levels in the Bay Area
- How LNU, CZU & SCU Lightning Complex Bay Area fires got their names
- How to prepare for a wildfire evacuation
- Most destructive California wildfires in history
- Camp Fire is deadliest wildfire in California history
- How are wildfires started? A look at the causes of some of the worst in California history
- Safety tips to remember when returning home after wildfire
- How to drive safely during a power outage
- What to do right now to prep for a planned power outage
- Here's how to store electricity before a power outage
- Tips for getting through a long-term power outage
- VIDEO: How to prepare your pets in case of disaster
- The difference between containing and controlling a wildfire
- How wildfire smoke can impact your health
- What's in wildfire smoke? How it can impact your health