Get in shape for the New Year! Absolutely Audrey shows us how to grab the right gear and get off to a fresh start in exercising.
- Audrey's outfit:
Reverse Groove Pant - color: Quilt/Mahogany $92
Power V Tank - color: Mahogany $44
Shape Up Jacket - color: Terracotta $99
Extend Pant - color: Black/New blue $84
Ashtanga Tank - color: Ivory $44
She-Bop Jacket - color: New blue $89
Fitness Pant - color: Black/Senorita pink $84
Deep V Tank - color: Senorita pink $52
Lululemon Athletica: www.lululemon.com
San Francisco store locations:
- Lululemon Athletica, Union Square
327 Grant Ave (between Bush St. and Sutter St.)
Phone: (415) 402-0914
Hours: Monday through Saturday 10 AM - 8 PM
Sunday 11 AM - 6:30 PM
Luluemon Athletica, Cow Hollow
1981 Union Street (between Buchanan St. and Laguna St.)
Phone: (415) 776-5858
Hours: Everyday 10 AM -7 PM
Other store locations: www.lululemon.com/stores
Fitness Expert Kristi's web site: www.vyayr.com
About Lululemon: Lululemon Athletica is a yoga-inspired athletic apparel company that creates components for people to live longer, healthier and more fun lives. By producing products that keep people active and stress free, Lululemon believes that the world will be a better place. Setting the bar in technical fabrics and functional designs, Lululemon works with yogis and athletes in local communities for continuous research and product feedback.
Exercises: Cardio Plan:
- Beginners: begin with walking 20 minutes 3 times a week working up to 45 minutes 4 times a week.
- Advanced: begin with jogging 20 minutes 3 times a week working up to 45 minutes 4 times a week.
Angled Bicep Curl into Shoulder Press:
- Start w/weights in hands (2-6 lbs.), palms facing out, curl weights up towards outside of shoulders, when weights are at shoulders turn palms out and bring elbows up so that arms look like goal posts, press weights up and overhead. Bring back down in reverse order. Begin with 2 sets of 12, working up to 3 sets of 15.
- Start by sitting on the edge of a bench fingertips curved over bench, elbows pointing straight back, push bum off edge with hands staying on bench, drop bum towards ground, bringing elbows to 90 degrees and push body back up to top of move keeping bum very close to bench. Beginners keep knees bent, advanced straighten legs. Begin with 2 sets of 12, working up to 3 sets of 15.
- Hands on ground directly below shoulders, push to the top of a push up position and hold. Begin with 2 sets of 30 secs, working up to 3 sets of 1 min. Advanced hold at the top of push up position and bring outside knee around to touch same side elbow. Begin with 2 sets of 10 per side, working up to 3 sets of 15 per side.
- Step foot out to side and squat, bum reaching back, keeping knees behind toes, step foot back in and together, then step same foot back behind for a lunge. In lunge ensure back knee drops towards ground while front knee stays behind toes. Begin with 2 sets of 10 per side, working up to 3 sets of 15.