Spruce it up tips:
Christmas in citrus hues
- Decorate with oranges, lemons, kumquats, clementines, and blood oranges to add vibrant natural color to your home.
- Layer fruit in tall glass vases with greens and nuts
- Attach fruit to fresh garland, trees, and wreaths
- Insert cloves into fruit and display in a bowl for a fresh home scent
- Coat greens with white floral spray and clear glitter for an icy effect. Use silver balls and crystals to add sparkle.
- Create centerpieces for your holiday table by adding to white floral arrangements.
- Fasten to your packages with metallic elastic or use as napkin ring holders.
A wreath with presence
- Cover small boxes with solid wrapping paper. Add decorative bands in contrasting colors and tie with ribbon. Attach to a wooden wreath form with a hot glue gun. Affix a satin bow.
Ornaments out of the box
- Use Christmas ornaments in a myriad of sizes and shapes to adorn your wreaths, garland, and holiday tables. Add sprigs of fruiting eucalyptus or bay leaves for a pretty flourish.
- Use ribbon to hang ornaments from lighting fixtures and mirrors to add a special holiday sparkle.
Turn your Christmas tree inside out
- Spray your Christmas Tree with metallic spray paint and decorate with natural ornaments, cinnamon sticks, and greens.
Holiday Home Tour event information:
A group of six homes in the St. Helena area are featuring a Holiday Home Tour to benefit the children of the Primary and Elementary Schools in St. Helena this Saturday, 12/6/08, 10am - 4pm. Visit their Web site for more information at www.sthelenaholidayhometours.com.