Double Trouble Chocolate Trifle
Per Serving (1/4th of trifle): 193 calories, 1.5g fat, 346 mg sodium, 39.5g carbs, 6.5g fiber, 15g sugars, 5.5g protein
(MAKES 4 SERVINGS)
- 4 Vita Tops (any chocolate flavor), thawed
- 2/3 cups Cool Whip Free, thawed, divided
- 1 cup skim milk
- 2 tablespoons sugar-free fat-free chocolate instant pudding mix
- 1½ tablespoons sugar-free chocolate syrup
- In a mixing bowl, combine skim milk with pudding mix. Whisk until blended and thickened, about 2 minutes. Refrigerate for at least 5 minutes.
- In a separate mixing bowl, combine syrup with 1 cup Cool Whip. Mix gently until completely blended. Refrigerate for at least 5 minutes.
- Break VitaTops into pieces and place in the blender. Pulse until reduced to crumbs.
- Into the bottom of a medium serving bowl, layer one-fourth of the Vita crumbs. Top with half of the pudding.
- Spread 2/3 cup Cool Whip over pudding layer. Sprinkle evenly with two-thirds of the remaining Vita crumbs.
- Spread the remaining pudding in a layer over the Vita crumbs. Top with the chocolate syrup-CoolWhip mixture. Finally, sprinkle remaining Vita crumbs over the top and dig in!
Per serving (1½ cups): 195 calories, 2.75g fat, 595mg sodium, 21g carbs, 4.5g fiber, 12.5g sugars, 22.5g protein
(MAKES 5 SERVINGS)
- One 16-ounce package dry broccoli slaw mix
- 12 ounces cooked skinless lean chicken breast, chopped
- 1 cup canned water chestnuts, drained and sliced into thin strips
- 1 cup canned mandarin orange segments packed in water or juice, drained and chopped (and rinsed, if packed in juice)
- 1 cup chopped scallions
- ¾ cup Newman's Own Lighten Up! Low Fat Sesame Ginger Dressing
- In a large bowl, toss all ingredients together until mixed well.
- Refrigerate for at least 2 hours. Stir well before serving. Enjoy!
About Lisa Lillien
Lisa Lillien is not a nutritionist, she's just hungry. She is the founder of http://www.hungry-girl.com, and close to half a million loyal fans receive her daily emails containing guilt-free recipes, food and product reviews, dieting news, shockers, and more.
In her own words:
I'm not a nutritionist, I'm just hungry. My name is Lisa and I'm just an average female, struggling with the same food issues most females struggle with every day. I try the latest fad diets, chomp on new fat free foods & diet products, and yes, I too order everything on the side. I consider myself a foodologist…not because I have some kind of fancy degree, but because I am obsessed with food, how wonderful it is, and how much of it will make it impossible for me to fit into my pants. Food is my passion and it has been my lifelong obsession.
>> Learn more: http://www.hungry-girl.com
>> Buy the book on Amazon: Hungry Girl: 200 Under 200: 200 Recipes Under 200 Calories