His office keeps computer records of every prescription written in the state.
"There have been several runs on our computer. the difficulty of course is, to check not just for Michael Jackson's name, but for others names because celebrities and maybe ordinary people will sometimes use another name," said Brown.
Police say a powerful sedative known as Diprivan was found at Jackson's home. It capable of inducing hypnosis within 40 seconds and is meant to be used only in hospitals.
It is still unclear whether prescription drugs played a role in Jackson's death.
- AEG Live footage of Jackson's last rehearsal for the "This Is It" tour on June 23
- Local Jackson photographer reminisces
- Michael Jackson in SF (From 1984)
- A look back at the life of Michael Jackson
- Reaction from music writer Ben Fong-Torres
- Jackson Tribute at NYC's Apollo
- BET Awards honor Jackson
- 'King of Pop' through the years
- Fans mourn Michael Jackson
- Diprivan found in Michael Jackson's home
- L.A. officials discuss Tuesday Jackson event
- Michael Jackson's will recently unsealed
- Fans remember Jackson at the Apollo Theater
- Family: Michael Jackson had a will
- Coroner gathers evidence at Jackson home
- Jackson's mom gets guardianship of kids
- Jackson's legacy honored at BET Awards
- Lawyer says Jackson had pulse
- Sales surge after Jackson's death
- Jackson family wants 2nd autopsy
- More behind the drug Demerol
- Michael Jackson memorabilia sells quickly
- Jackson news dominates the Internet
- 911 tape released
- Leaders, superstars, fans mourn King of Pop
- Quotes on Jackson's death