How to avoid getting ripped off when moving:
- Get the right moving company
- Get an estimate in writing only
- Get a "not to exceed" moving price
- Get the booklet "Important Information for Persons Moving Household Goods"
- Verify authorized companies by calling 800-877-8867 or CPUC's website.
A native of Stockton, California, Rachelle Chong graduated Phi Beta Kappa from UC Berkeley in 1981 with degrees in Journalism and Political Science. In 1984, she received her law degree from UC Hastings College of the Law and was admitted to the California State Bar. In 1993, President Bill Clinton nominated Ms. Chong to the Federal Communications Commission. In January 2006, Governor Schwarzenegger appointed Ms. Chong to be a Commissioner of the CPUC.
Commissioner Rachelle Chong
California Public Utilities Commission
505 Van Ness Avenue, Room 5205
San Francisco, CA 94102