Dating during a pandemic looks different.
"Eventually we are going to want to meet up," said Dawoon Kang, Coffee Meets Bagel Co-Founder and Chief Dating Officer.
RELATED: How can you find love during a pandemic? Expert offers advice
Bay Area-based dating app, Coffee Meets Bagel, wants to eliminate the awkwardness of asking others about their coronavirus vaccination status. The app now has a feature that lets singles declare whether they're fully vaccinated, waiting on an additional dose, planning to get vaccinated, not getting vaccinated, or prefer not to say.
Kang says the app has been surveying its users during the pandemic.
"78% of them have told us it's a deal breaker if their date doesn't take COVID seriously," said Kang.
"43% of them have mentioned that if they come across a profile that says that they've been vaccinated they're more likely to actually like the profile," she continued.
VIDEO: 'Baker and the Beauty' star Nathalie Kelley gives advice on dating strong, independent women
Reaction by singles dating during the pandemic is mixed. Cheryl Glickman is an essential worker who has been vaccinated since December.
"I think it's really important and I think it's quite valuable," said Glickman.
"For me I would like to know if someone is either vaccinated or plans on being vaccinated because that's an important aspect of life moving forward for me in terms of dating," she continued.
RELATED: Could you meet your soulmate on Zoom?
Ethan Melloul splits his time working between Palo Alto and Houston.
"The way that people react to COVID in Texas verse how it is in California, I feel like it's two opposite ends of the spectrum," said Melloul.
He believes the filter could lead to people ruling out a great match.
"I don't think it's necessarily fair to judge somebody based on whether they got vaccinated or not without necessarily understanding why," said Melloul.
"We wanted to make it easy for them to have that conversation so that's why we added this feature," said Kang.
RELATED: Senior citizens weigh in on dating later in life
As online dating profiles sometimes go the app has no way to verify vaccination status.
"I would hope that people would be honest about it," said Glickman.
App based dating with a new twist most of us wouldn't have imagined pre-pandemic.
Having trouble loading the tracker above? Click here to open it in a new window.
RELATED STORIES & VIDEOS:
- Map shows which counties can, can't reopen under reopening tiers
- Cheat sheet: What you can and can't do after being fully vaccinated
- How to register for a COVID-19 vaccine in every Bay Area county
- Map shows everywhere you can get a COVID-19 test in the Bay Area
- Interactive map shows what's closed and what's reopening in the San Francisco Bay Area
- Data tracker: Coronavirus cases, deaths, hospitalizations in every Bay Area county
- Third stimulus check calculator: See how much you could get
- COVID-19 Diaries: Personal stories of Bay Area residents during pandemic
- Get the latest updates on California EDD, stimulus checks, unemployment benefits
- Coronavirus origin: Where did COVID-19 come from?
- What is a COVID-19 genetic, antigen and antibody test?
- What does COVID-19 do to your body and why does it spread so easily?
- Coronavirus Timeline: Tracking major moments of COVID-19 pandemic in San Francisco Bay Area
- Coronavirus Doctor's Note: Dr. Alok Patel gives his insight into COVID-19 pandemic