SANTA CLARA COUNTY, Calif. (KGO) -- On Thursday, there were massive lines at Levi's Stadium due in part to the 12,000 appointments that Santa Clara County officials said were scheduled for that day.
Fast forward to Friday where only 7,000 appointments were scheduled.
"I was expecting to wait for two to three hours but when I got here I was surprised to see the wait time wasn't long. I hardly waited 15 minutes," said San Jose resident Sudeep Gonsalves who got vaccinated Friday.
Melissa Clarke said she was blown away by the vaccination process.
"I got here on time for my appointment at 11:15 and by 11:18 I had gotten my first dose and was on my way to the observation area," said Clarke.
For 16-year-old Ian Chacon it was easy to park and easy to check-in as he told us his mom was making him get vaccinated.
Most people said they booked their appointments just two to three days ago and the county has more than doubled its capacity.
Last week they were only doling out 5,000 shots a day at Levi's, now they're ramping up to 10,000 or more a day, eventually hoping to top 15,000 a day as the supply increases.
Vaccines are also rolling out at pop-up clinics like one at First Day of Acts Full Gospel Church in Oakland. They've got appointments over the weekend but are also taking walk-ups.
Snagging an appointment online can be tedious work. That's why Ian's mom called into the county to schedule.
"I know a lot of people had a hard time getting an appointment so I gave them the number that I had to make the appointment so they're all coming this week," said Edith Ebreno-Chacon.
Online lots of people have commented, ranging from, "Will I stand in line for 3 hours as I did for the first shot?" to "Soooooo well organized. In and out in under an hour."
Those who have gotten shots say come prepared for anything.
VACCINE TRACKER: How California is doing, when you can get a coronavirus vaccine
Having trouble loading the tracker above? Click here to open it in a new window.
RELATED STORIES & VIDEOS:
- Map shows which counties can, can't reopen under reopening tiers
- Cheat sheet: What you can and can't do after being fully vaccinated
- CA COVID-19 Vaccine Tracker: See your status here
- These CA counties are way ahead in vaccinations
- How to register for a COVID-19 vaccine in every Bay Area county
- Map shows everywhere you can get a COVID-19 test in the Bay Area
- Interactive map shows what's closed and what's reopening in the San Francisco Bay Area
- Data tracker: Coronavirus cases, deaths, hospitalizations in every Bay Area county
- COVID-19 Diaries: Personal stories of Bay Area residents during pandemic
- Get the latest updates on California EDD, stimulus checks, unemployment benefits
- Coronavirus origin: Where did COVID-19 come from?
- What is a COVID-19 genetic, antigen and antibody test?
- What does COVID-19 do to your body and why does it spread so easily?
- Coronavirus Timeline: Tracking major moments of COVID-19 pandemic in San Francisco Bay Area
- Coronavirus Doctor's Note: Dr. Alok Patel gives his insight into COVID-19 pandemic