Faulty wiring may be to blame for San Jose house fire

A two-alarm house fire left two people without a home in San Jose, Calif. on March 14, 2015.

San Jose fire officials say faulty wiring may be to blame for a two-alarm house fire that left two people without a home.

A neighbor took cellphone video of flames leaping from the house on Rose Creek Drive.

The fire began just before 9 p.m. Saturday, and was out about 30 minutes later.

Firefighters managed to keep the flames contained to the attic, but the roof still collapsed.

No injuries were reported, but fire officials say the damage is pretty extensive.

The two residents of the home will now be staying with relatives.
Related Topics:
firehouse firefirefightersinvestigationSan Jose
(Copyright ©2019 KGO-TV. All Rights Reserved.)