With in-person concerts and live music still on hold with COVID_19 health guidelines, the city has offered relief grants to applying musicians.
RELATED: Interactive map shows what's closed and what's reopening in the San Francisco Bay Area
"There's a large music community here and it's pretty popular to have a variety of concert series, small and large, all throughout Sonoma County and the region," said Tara Thompson, Arts & Culture Manager of Santa Rosa. "This is an attempt, a small step, towards helping to support those musicians who don't have access to those live gigs right now."
RELATED: Amsterdam conducts COVID-19 social experiment with 1,300-person dance party
Santa Rosa has made 18 grants available, worth $2,000 each. Funding is coming from what was reserved for the city's 'Live at Julliard' concert series, which has been cancelled this year for COVID-19 safety protocols.
RELATED: 'Immersive Van Gogh' exhibit mesmerizes Chicago
To apply for a grant, interested musicians can apply here. Winning musicians will be notified in May.
RELATED: San Francisco's de Young Museum reopens with Picasso exhibition
If you have a question or comment about the coronavirus pandemic, submit yours via the form below or here. Get the latest news, information and videos about the novel coronavirus pandemic here
RELATED STORIES & VIDEOS:
- From COVID-19 to Black Lives Matter, these 13 people defined the Bay Area in 2020
- Map: CA counties that can, can't reopen under new rules
- CALCULATOR: Find out how many people may get a COVID-19 vaccine before you
- COVID-19 risk calculator: The safest and most dangerous things to do this holiday season
- Want to get a COVID-19 test in time for the holidays? Here's what you need to know
- Updated number of COVID-19 deaths, cases in Bay Area
- Map shows everywhere you can get a COVID-19 test in the Bay Area
- COVID-19 Diaries: Personal stories of Bay Area residents during pandemic
- California EDD: The most commonly asked questions we get about unemployment and PUA
- Health experts urge flu shots in effort to avoid 'twindemic'
- How to tell the difference between seasonal allergies and coronavirus symptoms
- Here's which mask is better to protect from COVID-19
- First COVID-19 vaccine volunteers in US describe experience as Bay Area launches vaccine trials
- Coronavirus origin: Where did COVID-19 come from?
- What is a COVID-19 genetic, antigen and antibody test?
- What will it take to get a COVID-19 vaccine and how will it be made?
- What does COVID-19 do to your body and why does it spread so easily?
- Here's how shelter in place, stay at home orders can slow spread of COVID-19
- Coronavirus Timeline: Tracking major moments of COVID-19 pandemic in San Francisco Bay Area
- Coronavirus Doctor's Note: Dr. Alok Patel gives his insight into COVID-19 pandemic