Roasting meat leads to supermarket fire

January 9, 2009 2:09:31 PM PST
A duck or a pig that caught fire in an oven sparked a blaze at a supermarket in Mountain View on Thursday, a fire department spokesman said today.

Mountain View Fire Department firefighters quickly controlled the two-alarm fire that started around 8:45 a.m., spokesman Lynn Brown said.

Firefighters arrived at the 99 Ranch Market at 1350 Grant Road to find a kitchen fire nearly extinguished by the in-house sprinkler system, Brown said.

Firefighters had the blaze controlled by 9 a.m.

There was no apparent structural damage, Brown said, though a precise damage estimate hasn't been determined.


Load Comments