SAN FRANCISCO (KGO) -- Taking Action means talking about issues impacting our communities. In the wake of violent attacks on members of the Asian American and Pacific Islander communities we are gathering experts and community leaders for a conversation about finding solutions during these difficult times.
ABC7 presents "Stop the Hate: Protecting our AAPI Communities," a virtual town hall dedicated to listening and making a Better Bay Area.
- Shaw San Liu: Executive Director at Chinese Progressive Association
- Sakhone Lasaphangtong: Community Ambassador Program (Oakland) and Director of Housing at Family Bridges
- Satsuki Ina: Community Trauma Consultant
- Tammy Cho:: Co-Founder of Hate Is A Virus
- Russell Jeung: Co-Founder of StopAAPIHate.org reporting center
- Chief Chris Hsiung: Mountain View Police Department
Watch the town hall in its entirety in the media player above.
Check out more stories and videos about Building a Better Bay Area here. You can also see more about our special for APA month, "Our America: Asian Voices," which tell the stories of Asian and Pacific Islander groups in America, exploring how they built communities and what it means to be Asian and Pacific Islander in America.