Instructions for ecycling Mr. Quaker Oats
Recycle your Oatmeal containers and turn them into floral vase covers. Here is a fun and easy idea to decorate your oatmeal containers with assorted leaves…many of them are found in your yard.
- Quaker Oats oatmeal container. You can use the large or small container.
- Sharp box cutter or x-acto knife
- Floral shears
- Hot glue gun
- Leaves (various shapes and sizes), moss, or birch
- Old vase, glass, containers (make sure the vase you are using is no larger in diameter than the size of the quaker oats container)
- Flowers of choice
- Cut the bottom of the container with a knife (remove the base of the container)
- Optional: you can cut the container to fit a certain size vase or leave the container in its original form.
- Take a hot glue gun and add glue to portions of the container
- Attach the leaves of your choice on to the container
- Optional: you can embellish with ribbon or twine and tie in a bow
- Insert floral vase/container and begin to arrange the flowers
About Ria Sim:
Ria Sim is the owner of Twigsstudio Danville / Ria Sim Designs- the destination floral studio in Danville Ca. Ria is inspired by her love for fashion, colors and textures she sees every day. Her floral creations are unlike any other and Ria is insistent that flowers are the focus. "When I design each arrangement, I love to bring forth the beauty that each flower possesses," she says. Ria focuses on simple, elegant floral designs resulting in timeless beauty for her clients' weddings, events, and special occasions.