- Royal Icing
- Makes 1lb. 3 oz.
- 3 oz. Egg Whites
- 1/8 tsp. Cream of Tartar
- 1 lb. Confectioners' Sugar
- Place egg whites in a clean, grease-free mixer bowl and mix on low speed with the wire whisk attachment just until the whites begin to break up.
- Add the cream of tartar and continue mixing on low speed until whites become frothy.
- Gradually add the confectioners' sugar and continue to mix until the icing holds a peak and is dull in appearance.
- Transfer to a glass container and press a moist towel directly on the surface of the icing. Store covered tightly with plastic wrap, under refrigeration.
- Chocolate covered sunflower seeds
- Little meringues
- M and M's
- Mike and Ikes
- Candy canes
- Peppermint suckers
- Red and green jelly beans
- Rolos and licorice pieces
- Pick candies that are light weight.
- Use graham crackers to make additions to the house, like chimneys or walkways.
Cake Coquette, which opened in 2007, is a custom cake design studio specializing in one of-a-kind cakes. The company is based in San Francisco and can deliver throughout the Bay Area.
Cake Coquette is a custom wedding cake and specialty cake design company. Whatever your inspiration might be, cake designer Gabrielle Feuersinger will help you turn your vision into a spectacular, breathtaking work of edible art.
About The Dream Wedding Giveaway:
One very deserving bride and groom, along with 75 of their closest friends and family, will celebrate in style, at the luxurious Hotel Vitale, located in the heart of San Francisco.
After the wedding, the winners will head to Napa for a relaxing 3 night honeymoon, filled with quiet dinners, private wine tastings, and other exclusive activities.
A wedding valued at $100,000.00! Over forty premier Bay Area wedding and hospitality vendors are collaborating to make this once in a lifetime dream come true. They'll work together as a team for almost a year, planning, coordinating and designing the most unforgettable Wedding of the Year, for one very lucky couple in love.
Approximately 150 couples have entered to win. By submitting their love stories, the public gets to share the experiences of these amazing couples, all of whom are hoping to win this wedding donated by bay area businesses.
The five most deserving couples will be chosen by The Dream Team as Finalists. From those five, the public will determine the winner, who will be announced on Valentine's Day, 2010.
The wedding will be held at Hotel Vitale in San Francisco on May 14, 2010. Contest Closes November 25, 2009. Top Five Finalists Announced December 17, 2009. Public Voting Begins December 27, 2009.
For more information about the Dream Wedding Giveaway, visit www.sfweddinggiveaway.com
For more information about Cake Coquette, visit www.cakecoquette.com