It's been a strange March and April for real estate with only vacant homes on the market.
Real estate agents could not sell homes that were occupied but the buyers are out there, according to realtors like Sheila Cunha with Legacy Real Estate.
She just sold a home in Hayward and said " We put it on the market on Friday and by Wednesday, we had multiple offers and went pending even in this market."
Things are expected to take off starting Monday when owner occupied homes can again be viewed in person.
But the owner cannot be inside the home and a maximum of two people from the same household can tour with proper protective gear.
But buyers won't be able to open cabinets or closets because no touching is allowed under the new rules.
Cunha said there are no open houses and no broker tours.
Stagers are allowed in some counties and prohibited still in others.
Many sellers took their homes off the market since the shelter in place order took effect, though many are expected to relist them now.
Some agents say expectations could change among homebuyers.
An extra room that was once a luxury could now be looked at as a necessity for a home office.
Tina Hand, president of Bay East Association of Realtors said, "I think this will shift their mindset and what they want. It may not be the four bedroom home, it may be the three bedroom two bath with an office."
She also noted buyers are indicating they want to move out to more open space and or in some cases are willing to commute longer as they plan to work from home more.
Hand said, "I believe we will still have our summer home buying season, it will just be later in the third quarter or fourth quarter."
Prices are expected to remain stable.
RELATED STORIES & VIDEOS:
- Live updates about coronavirus outbreak in US, around the world
- Coronavirus data: See how the curve of COVID-19 cases is bending in each Bay Area county
- Everything you need to know about the Bay Area's shelter-in-place order
- Coronavirus Doctor's Note: Dr. Alok Patel gives his insight into COVID-19 pandemic
- Stimulus calculator: How much money should you expect from coronavirus relief bill
- WATCH: ABC7's interactive town hall 'Race and Coronavirus: A Bay Area Conversation'
- What Bay Area tenants need to know about rent payments, eviction amid COVID-19 outbreak
- Here's how shelter in place, stay at home orders can slow spread of COVID-19
- Coronavirus Timeline: Tracking major moments of COVID-19 pandemic in San Francisco Bay Area/
- Coronavirus and the new normal of living in the San Francisco-Bay Area -- COVID-19 Diaries
- Happy hour goes virtual as people try to be sociable while social distancing during COVID-19 crisis
- Coronavirus Outbreak: Here's why you should practice 'social distancing'
- DRONEVIEW7: What the Bay Area looks like during the coronavirus shelter-in-place
- ABC7's drive around San Francisco shows empty streets, businesses shuttered
- Symptoms, prevention, and how to prepare for a COVID-19 outbreak in the US
- List of stores, companies closing due to coronavirus pandemic
- Canceled late fees, free services available amid COVID-19 crisis
- Here's how you can help during COVID-19 pandemic
- How to maintain learning during school closures
- No masks but here are 100+ products that may help protect you against novel coronavirus germs
- Here's a look at some of history's worst pandemics that have killed millions
- Asian community fighting racism, xenophobia, bigotry as world fights COVID-19