SAN FRANCISCO (KGO) -- If you haven't put together an earthquake kit for your house yet, it's time to get going.
Recent small quakes around the Bay Area are good reminders to be prepared for when a larger one strikes.
So what do you put in your kit? Watch the video in the player above for the essentials.
Also, don't forget to check your kit twice a year to make sure nothing has expired.
RELATED STORIES & VIDEOS:
- Prepare NorCal: Disaster Preparedness Resources
- Earthquake scale: How they are measured and what the magnitude and intensity scales mean
- How to prepare your pets in case of disaster
- What is an earthquake? This is what happens when the ground starts to shake
- California's Shake Alert earthquake warning system tested in Oakland
- New earthquake map app reveals risk where you live
- Seismologists say California is in an earthquake drought
- Ceremonies mark 113th anniversary of 1906 earthquake in SF
- From the Archives: ABC7's Peabody Award winning coverage of 1989 Loma Prieta Earthquake
- San Francisco mayor issues executive directive to make sure all skyscrapers are safe
- Earthquake early warning app for Los Angeles County now available for download
- San Mateo County residents will soon be automatically signed up to receive emergency alerts
- ABC7's Leslie Brinkley remembers driving across the Bay Bridge during Loma Prieta earthquake
- Is San Francisco ready for the next big disaster, earthquake?