SAN FRANCISCO (KGO) -- Earlier this year, thousands of school districts closed their campuses to protect their students from the spread of the novel coronavirus and transitioned to distance learning.
RELATED: How some CA school districts are planning to reopen, according to State Superintendent Tony Thurmond
Now, millions of parents throughout California are wondering -- what is the future of education?
In an effort to answer those questions, ABC7 presents, "Education: A Bay Area Conversation," a virtual town hall addressing the impact of COVID-19 on education and public schooling for grades K-12.
Here's a list of the panelist:
- Nancy Albarrán, San José Unified School District Superintendent
- Dr. Vincent Matthews, San Francisco Unified School District Superintendent
- Dr. Kyla Johnson-Trammell, Oakland Unified School District Superintendent
- Tony Thurmond, California State Superintendent of Public Instruction
Watch the town hall in its entirety in the video player above.
If you have a question or comment about the coronavirus pandemic, submit yours via the form below or here.
Get the latest news, information and videos about the novel coronavirus pandemic here
RELATED STORIES & VIDEOS:
- COVID-19 Help: Comprehensive list of resources, information
- When will the San Francisco Bay Area reopen? Track progress on 6 key metrics to reopening here
- Life after COVID-19: Here's what restaurants, gyms will look like
- WATCH LIVE: Daily briefings from CA, Bay Area officials
- Live updates about coronavirus outbreak in US, around the world
- INTERACTIVE TIMELINE: How close was CA to becoming a NY-level crisis?
- What is a COVID-19 genetic, antigen and antibody test?
- Everything you need to know about the Bay Area's shelter-in-place order
- Coronavirus Timeline: Tracking major moments of COVID-19 pandemic in San Francisco Bay Area/
- List: Where can I get tested for COVID-19 in the Bay Area?
- COVID-19 Diaries: Personal stories of Bay Area residents during novel coronavirus pandemic
- Coronavirus Doctor's Note: Dr. Alok Patel gives his insight into COVID-19 pandemic
- What does COVID-19 do to your body and why does it spread so easily?
- WATCH: 'Race & Coronavirus: A Bay Area Conversation' virtual town hall about COVID-19 impact on Asian American community
- WATCH: 'Race & Coronavirus: A Bay Area Conversation' virtual town hall about COVID-19 impact on African American community
- WATCH: 'Race & Coronavirus: A Bay Area Conversation' virtual town hall about COVID-19 impact on Latino community
- WATCH: 'Your Mental Health: A Bay Area Conversation' virtual town hall addressing COVID-19 impact on mental health
- Symptoms, prevention, and how to prepare for a COVID-19 outbreak in the US
- List of stores, companies closing due to coronavirus pandemic
- No masks but here are 100+ products that may help protect you against novel coronavirus germs
- Here's a look at some of history's worst pandemics that have killed millions
RELATED VIRTUAL TOWN HALLS FROM ABC7:
- 'Race and Coronavirus: A Bay Area Conversation': How COVID-19 is affecting the Asian American community
- 'Race & Coronavirus: A Bay Area Conversation:' How COVID-19 is impacting African American community
- 'Race and Coronavirus: A Bay Area Conversation' virtual town hall addressing COVID-19 impact on Latino community
- 'Your Mental Health: A Bay Area Conversation,' virtual town hall addressing COVID-19 impact on mental health