SAN FRANCISCO (KGO) -- During this pandemic, mental health is just as important and physical health. Whether you are dealing with depression, anxiety, or just the fear and uncertainty of what is going to happen next, we want you to know: it's okay to not be okay.
TAKE ACTION: Get help with mental health issues
We want you to know that we listen, and we are ready to have an important conversation.
In an effort to help those during these difficult times, ABC7 presents "Your Mental Health: A Bay Area Conversation," a one-hour virtual town hall with mental health experts, providing real solutions to make each day better.
Here's a list of the panelists:
- Christine Garcia PsyD (Edgewood Center San Francisco Director)
- Andrew Huberman Ph.D. (Stanford Professor of Neuroscience)
- Alok Patel MD (ABC7 Special Correspondent)
- Karyn Skultety Ph.D. (Openhouse Executive Director)
If you or someone you know is struggling with mental illness, click here for supportive resources.
Watch the town hall in its entirety in the video player above.
RELATED VIRTUAL TOWN HALLS FROM ABC7:
- 'Race and Coronavirus: A Bay Area Conversation': How COVID-19 is affecting the Asian American community
- 'Race & Coronavirus: A Bay Area Conversation:' How COVID-19 is impacting African American community
- 'Race and Coronavirus: A Bay Area Conversation' virtual town hall addressing COVID-19 impact on Latino community
RELATED STORIES & VIDEOS:
- Suicides on the rise amid stay-at-home order, Bay Area medical professionals say
- EXCLUSIVE: Robin Williams' son opens up about mental health struggles, advocacy work amid COVID-19 pandemic
- COVID-19 Help: Comprehensive list of resources, information
- When will the San Francisco Bay Area reopen? Track progress on 6 key metrics to reopening here
- Life after COVID-19: Here's what restaurants, gyms will look like
- Live updates about coronavirus outbreak in US, around the world
- INTERACTIVE TIMELINE: How close was CA to becoming a NY-level crisis?
- What will it take to get a COVID-19 vaccine and how will it be made?
- How California's COVID-19 cases stack up against other hot spot states
- Everything you need to know about the Bay Area's shelter-in-place order
- Coronavirus Timeline: Tracking major moments of COVID-19 pandemic in San Francisco Bay Area/
- List: Where can I get tested for COVID-19 in the Bay Area?
- COVID-19 Diaries: Personal stories of Bay Area residents during novel coronavirus pandemic
- Coronavirus Doctor's Note: Dr. Alok Patel gives his insight into COVID-19 pandemic
- What does COVID-19 do to your body and why does it spread so easily?
- Here's how shelter in place, stay at home orders can slow spread of COVID-19
- Symptoms, prevention, and how to prepare for a COVID-19 outbreak in the US
- List of stores, companies closing due to coronavirus pandemic
- No masks but here are 100+ products that may help protect you against novel coronavirus germs
- Here's a look at some of history's worst pandemics that have killed millions