California's Great America in Santa Clara welcomed the general public back for the first time since their New Year's Eve party on December 31, 2019.
RELATED: Disneyland reopens to excited fans, flag-raising after 13-month closure
"We've been waiting for this for quite some time," said Barb Grantger, the VP and General Manager of the park.
She recently stepped into the role, just as California announced theme parks could reopen as early as April 1. However, it took some time before they could let people back inside.
"Once they say you are ready to go, certain things that have to happen, like ride inspections," said Grantger, as well as hiring some 2,000 people to staff the park.
"We do see it as part of the economic recovery of California. Tourism is starting to come back," she said. "Themeparks will be vital for that recovery."
RELATED: Six Flags reopens roller coasters to general public
In Concord, Six Flags Hurricane Harbor water park reopened Saturday morning as well for season pass holders.
"Just as we have done successfully at Six Flags Discovery Kingdom, we are looking forward to providing a safe and fun outdoor environment for Northern California families to spend time together," said Hurricane Harbor Park Director Paul Kimura.
Masks will be required in some parts of the park, but will not be needed on rides or in pools.
The general public will be able to reserve tickets beginning Memorial Day weekend.
Gilroy Gardens also invited customers back on Saturday. The park was closed for the entire 2020 season.
Having trouble loading the tracker above? Click here to open it in a new window.
RELATED STORIES & VIDEOS:
- Map shows which counties can, can't reopen under reopening tiers
- Cheat sheet: What you can and can't do after being fully vaccinated
- How to register for a COVID-19 vaccine in every Bay Area county
- Map shows everywhere you can get a COVID-19 test in the Bay Area
- Interactive map shows what's closed and what's reopening in the San Francisco Bay Area
- Data tracker: Coronavirus cases, deaths, hospitalizations in every Bay Area county
- Third stimulus check calculator: See how much you could get
- COVID-19 Diaries: Personal stories of Bay Area residents during pandemic
- Get the latest updates on California EDD, stimulus checks, unemployment benefits
- Coronavirus origin: Where did COVID-19 come from?
- What is a COVID-19 genetic, antigen and antibody test?
- What does COVID-19 do to your body and why does it spread so easily?
- Coronavirus Timeline: Tracking major moments of COVID-19 pandemic in San Francisco Bay Area
- Coronavirus Doctor's Note: Dr. Alok Patel gives his insight into COVID-19 pandemic