Mandatory evacuations and road closure remain in place.
The Carr Fire has scorched 181,496 acres and is 51 percent contained. The Mendocino Complex Fires include, the River Fire, which has now grown to 48,920 acres and the Ranch Fire which grew overnight to 258, 527 acres. The River Fire is 90 percent contained, while the Ranch Fire is 53 percent contained.
The latest evacuation orders for Shasta County's Carr Fire, Mendocino County's Complex Fire
The Mendocino Complex Fires is now the largest fire in state history, and bigger than the city of Los Angeles. If it were a city, the fire would be the 14th largest by area in the entire country, and bigger than New York City, Philadelphia, Chicago and Houston.
Fire crews are not expected to contain the Mendocino Complex Fires until September.
VIDEO: Drive through Carr Fire near Redding reveals apocalyptic scenes
Senator Kamala Harris toured an evacuation center in Middletown Thursday and talked about what the federal government might do to help lessen fire dangers. "We can have a conversation about deforestation. We can have a conversation about the millions of dead trees that are out there that are exasperating the issue and we certainly need to have a conversation about climate change and understand without any doubt exasperates the dangers of these fires," she said.
A one-stop assistance center is now setup at the Alpine Senior Center on Country Club Drive in Lucerne.
It'll be open from 10 a.m. to 7 p.m. every day through next Friday.
RELATED WILDFIRE STORIES & VIDEOS:
- MAPS: Wildfires burning across California
- The latest evacuation orders for Shasta County's Carr Fire, Mendocino County's Complex Fire
- PHOTOS: Massive Carr Fire tears through Shasta County
- How to help Carr Fire victims in Redding and Shasta County, California
- Photos from the wildfires across California
- VIDEO: What it's like to fly over the Carr Fire in a Calif. National Guard plane
- VIDEO: Drive through Carr Fire near Redding reveals apocalyptic scenes
- VIDEO: Firefighters get brief rest in neighbor's yard during 'apocalyptic' Carr Fire in Shasta County
- VIDEO: New look at destruction from Carr Fire in Redding
- Most destructive California wildfires in history
- How to prepare for a wildfire evacuation
- PG&E may cut electricity during high fire danger, are you prepared?
- The difference between containing and controlling a wildfire
- These aircraft are on the front lines of the fight against California wildfires
- Wildfire masks: How to best protect yourself from smoke during a fire
- How wildfire smoke can impact your health
- How to sign up for emergency alerts where you live
- Surviving a long-term power outage
- Safety tips to remember when returning home after wildfire
- DIY: How to make a pet carrier in case of emergency
- How to prepare your pets in case of disaster