Officials say First Street between Mission and Howard will close down starting Friday at 9 p.m. until 5 a.m. Saturday.
That's in addition to the closure of Fremont Street between Mission and Howard.
The latest shutdown on First Street will continue for the next few days to speed up reinforcement of the Salesforce Transit Center.
TIMELINE: A look at the Salesforce Transit Center closure in San Francisco
Officials say work is currently on track to reopen Fremont Street by next Friday.
Additionally, San Francisco Mayor London Breed and Oakland Mayor Libby Schaaf are calling for an independent review of the investigation into what caused cracks in two support beams.
Crews are now installing a shoring system to take pressure off the cracked beams.
Once that's done, engineers will try to figure out what caused the cracks.
Breed and Schaaf want the Metropolitan Transportation Commission to review their findings.
Fremont Street beneath the center could reopen next Friday once the shoring system is in place.
Get the latest stories and videos about the Salesforce Transit Center here.
RELATED STORIES & VIDEOS:
- How to get around during Salesforce Transit Center's temporary closure in SF
- Exclusive peek inside San Francisco's 'Grand Central Station of the West'
- San Francisco's Salesforce Transit Center: By the numbers
- Tour the brand new Salesforce Transit Center in San Francisco
- Salesforce Transit Center celebrates first weekday commute
- $2.26 billion Salesforce Transit Center opens to huge crowds, great expectations
- Salesforce Transit Center ribbon-cutting ceremony held in San Francisco