1. Black cats look sleek and sophisticated.
2. They match any décor.
3. Holding a black cat is very slimming!
4. Black cats are great at hiding in the dark.
5. A lint brush isn't required for a black-tie affair.
6. Black cats are easy to name.
7. Some house panthers are even famous, like @sophie_themodel and @coleandmarmalade.
Unfortunately, black cats are less likely to be adopted but they have so much love to share. So visit your local shelter and adopt a black cat!
Here's a look at a few available around the Bay Area. We've included their name and ID number so you can look them up:
San Francisco Animal Care and Control
- RUBY RAVEN_A416789
San Francisco SPCA
Marin Humane Society