Walmart, Sam's Club, Costco and Trader Joe's all announced that they will be updating their mask policies to allow vaccinated customers inside without a face covering.
Walmart extended that to employees as well, even offering a $75 bonus if employees can show proof.
RELATED: SF business owners, employees wary of CDC's new mask-wearing guidance
"To receive the bonus, you will need to show your original, completed vaccine card for visual inspection," Walmart executives wrote in an email to employees.
At Costco, President Craig Jelinek said customers will be on the honor system.
"We will not require proof of vaccination, but we ask for members' responsible and respectful cooperation with this revised policy," wrote Jelinek.
RELATED: Stores reviewing face mask policies after new CDC guidance released Thursday
Oakland resident, Allison Tom, said she is skeptical of such an unenforceable policy.
"Anyone and everyone is going to say they are vaccinated. Who knows what will happen," she said.
Despite being vaccinated herself, she said she will likely keep her mask on in crowded indoor spaces until vaccination rates get higher.
RELATED: Starbucks to drop mask mandate for fully vaccinated customers on Monday | List of store policies
"Realistically, it's not worth it. Even catching a variant and being asymptomatic," she said.
Outside Walmart in Richmond, Safe Elbgal said he also wouldn't be surprised if people lied in order to not wear a mask, but he felt confident the vaccine would protect himself nonetheless.
"I don't think there's anything to worry about," he said, still needing to get his second shot. "I feel like everyone's excited to go back to normal."
VACCINE TRACKER: How California is doing, when you can get a coronavirus vaccine
Having trouble loading the tracker above? Click here to open it in a new window.
RELATED STORIES & VIDEOS:
- Cheat sheet: What you can and can't do after being fully vaccinated
- Everything to know about your 2nd Pfizer or Moderna shot
- CA COVID-19 Vaccine Tracker: See your status here
- These CA counties are way ahead in vaccinations
- MAP: See how many people are vaccinated in your ZIP code
- How to register for a COVID-19 vaccine in every Bay Area county
- AstraZeneca, Pfizer, Moderna, Johnson & Johnson: Breaking down the differences between coronavirus vaccines
- 10 Bay Area ZIP codes prioritized for COVID-19 vaccine