"I would have liked to have been opened and I think we sell a lot of stuff that people use to makes masks," said owner, Naomi Silverman.
A clothing store in the Haight-Ashbury neighborhood had its windows repaired anticipating re-opening soon.
"There was confusion, my employees, all kind of were confused about it but I knew that it was local jurisdiction was going to take precedent," added Michael Brown, the general manager of Cookies clothing store.
The confusion began with what Gov. Gavin Newsom said Monday about businesses reopening.
"But it could begin as early as the end of this week," Newsom announced.
Meaning, this Friday, but only for curbside pickup.
But the governor also said that counties would have the last word and that's what San Francisco did, moving the date to May 18, ten days from Friday.
"We have not lowered the curve," said San Francisco Mayor London Breed during her press conference.
Adding to that confusion was the fact that the guidelines for reopening low-risk workplaces came out just yesterday.
"On Thursday the 7th we will put out the guidelines," explained Newsom
"Most businesses said they hadn't had a chance to look over those guidelines therefore they have no idea of what to do once they reopen.
"But if we're handing off items to customers and clearly there is some minimal contact, I supposed gloves are advise but not required. I don't know," added Silverman
Enforcing these rules will be up to local businesses, not police.
If you have a question or comment about the coronavirus pandemic, submit yours via the form below or here.
Get the latest news, information and videos about the novel coronavirus pandemic here
RELATED STORIES & VIDEOS:
- COVID-19 Help: Comprehensive list of resources, information
- INTERACTIVE TIMELINE: How close was CA to becoming a NY-level crisis?
- Live updates about coronavirus outbreak in US, around the world
- What will it take to get a COVID-19 vaccine and how will it be made?
- How California's COVID-19 cases stack up against other hot spot states
- Everything you need to know about the Bay Area's shelter-in-place order
- Coronavirus Timeline: Tracking major moments of COVID-19 pandemic in San Francisco Bay Area/
- List: Where can I get tested for COVID-19 in the Bay Area?
- COVID-19 Diaries: Personal stories of Bay Area residents during novel coronavirus pandemic
- Coronavirus Doctor's Note: Dr. Alok Patel gives his insight into COVID-19 pandemic
- What does COVID-19 do to your body and why does it spread so easily?
- Stimulus calculator: How much money should you expect from coronavirus relief bill
- WATCH: 'Race & Coronavirus: A Bay Area Conversation' virtual town hall about COVID-19 impact on Asian American community
- WATCH: 'Race & Coronavirus: A Bay Area Conversation' virtual town hall about COVID-19 impact on African American community
- What Bay Area tenants need to know about rent payments, eviction amid COVID-19 outbreak
- Here's how shelter in place, stay at home orders can slow spread of COVID-19
- Symptoms, prevention, and how to prepare for a COVID-19 outbreak in the US
- List of stores, companies closing due to coronavirus pandemic
- Canceled late fees, free services available amid COVID-19 crisis
- Here's how you can help during COVID-19 pandemic
- How to maintain learning during school closures
- No masks but here are 100+ products that may help protect you against novel coronavirus germs
- Here's a look at some of history's worst pandemics that have killed millions