COMMUTE CHALLENGE: Taxi vs rideshare
Even with Lyft's IPO, many of those who are behind the wheel find themselves struggling to make a living.
Rideshare realities will continue all week as we examine the issues the industry faces.
- Ridesharing nibbling away at public transit ridership in Peninsula, South Bay
- San Francisco's love-hate relationship with rideshares spawning proposal to tax Uber, Lyft rides
- Former head of NYC taxi commission on regulating ridesharing in Bay Area and beyond
- Civic analyst on the major impact ridesharing companies are having on Bay Area cities
- Family of 7 still struggling after father's death in rideshare crash
- Oakland mother and baby made to walk down Interstate 880 in the rain after rideshare breakdown
- 'It's war': San Francisco cab driver describes competing with Uber, Lyft
- Who's your rideshare driver? I-Team investigates passenger safety
- Taking Uber or Lyft? Here are 7 ways to stay safe in your next rideshare.
- Research shows Uber and Lyft pay little per hour
- ASK FINNEY: How to save money on a ride, submit a complaint to Uber and Lyft and more
- Building A Better Bay Area: Rideshare realities
- Rideshare Driver Confessionals: The people behind the wheel
- Rideshare Reality: It's challenging to make a living
- 12 hour work days: A day in the life an Uber rideshare driver
- San Francisco-based Lyft valued at $24 billion. Where does the IPO money go?
See more stories and videos about Building a Better Bay Area here.