About Cheryl Burke Dance:
Founded by Emmy Award nominee and two-time Dancing with the Stars champion Cheryl Burke, our progressive teaching techniques, innovative dance studios and experienced instructors will help you dance with passion, artistry, and romance while you stay fit and have fun!
We believe that dance is about discovering new ways to express yourself in an exhilarating, healthy, and active way.
Our gorgeous studio in the beautiful city of San Francisco boasts of 2 ballrooms, 3,600 sq. ft. & 900 sq. ft. with sprung (floating) maple floor. We are open from 1 pm to 9 pm in general with special hours over the weekend.
Cheryl Burke Dance Mountain View is one of the largest and most beautifully constructed dance clubs in the country. It is conveniently located just off Hwy. 101 between San Jose and San Francisco in Sunnyvale, California. The Facility Boasts 3 Dance Floors:
Our studio offers private lessons, group classes, practice space, regular parties and special events. We also invite you to practice in the studio as often as possible. Practice rates are $5 per person per hour or you can purchase a monthly practice card for $50.
For more information, visit www.cherylburkedance.com
Cheryl Burke is a special guest at 2010 Festival Benefit Gala
Friday, June 11
Palace of Fine Arts Theatre
Reception and Silent Auction
6 p.m.-8:30 p.m.
Special Guest Cheryl Burke appearance
6 p.m.-6:45 p.m.
Gala Performance and Live Auction
GALA tickets $125 ($75 tax-deductible)
For more information, call (415) 474.3914 or visit www.worldartswest.org
About Cheryl Burke:
I was born May 3, 1984 in Northern California. My heritage is Filipino, Irish and Russian. I have one older sister and one younger sister.
My family has two dogs: Pookie and Max. I attended Las Lomitas Elementary School and graduated from Menlo-Atherton High School located in Menlo Park in 2002.
My initial introduction to the world of dance was my first ballet class when I was 4 years old. I started ballroom dancing at age 11 and haven't stopped since!
- 2009 7th Annual SAG/AFTRA/Equity Award Diversity Honoree.
- 2008 Asian Excellence Award.
- Champion, Dancing With the Stars Season 2 and 3.
- Nominee Prime Time Emmy 2006.
- Outstanding Choreography. Nominee Prime Time Emmy 2006.
- Outstanding Art Direction for A Variety/Music Program/Special.
- 2005 World Cup Latin Professional Rising Star Champion. 2005 Ohio Star Ball Rising Star Champion.
- 2005 San Francisco Open Latin Champion.
- Inaugurated first dance studio April 2008 in the heart of downtime San Francisco.
- Opened a second one in Laguna Niguel, CA and a third one in Mt. View, CA in Spring of 2009.
- Teamed with Fit Couture in March 2009 for signature clothing line of active and workout wear.