A composite sketch of the male "person of interest" was released Sunday, although fire officials could not comment on why they are searching for this individual, Cal Fire spokesman Bill Peters said.
"We're really threadbare on information," Peters said. "That's why we need help trying to get him identified by the public."
Anyone who may recognize the person of interest is asked to call the Cal Fire Arson Hotline at (800) 468-4408. Callers may remain anonymous.
The Martin Fire, reported around 3 p.m. Wednesday near Bonny Doon, is now 100 percent contained. Full containment was delayed because firefighters need to spend more time than initially anticipated removing burned trees from the fire zone before the trees fall down on their own, according to Peters.
The fire is contained within the perimeter of Empire Grade Road to the east, Smith Grade Road to the south, Pine Flat Road to the west and Ice Cream Grade Road to the north.
All evacuation were rescinded on Sunday afternoon.
Three homes were destroyed by the fire and an additional home suffered damage.
The cause of the fire remains under investigation.
On Thursday, Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger declared a state of emergency for Santa Cruz County as a result of the Martin Fire.
Santa Cruz County Bank is accepting donations. Call (831) 457-5000 during the hours of 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Evacuees not allowed back at Martin Fire
- 5 PM: Vic Lee reports
- 5 PM: Evacuees go to new shelter in Scotts Valley
- 11AM: Katie Hammer and Anne Makovec report
- 6 AM: Katie Hammer reports
- 6 AM: Anne Makovec on evacuations ordered
- RAW VIDEO: SKY7-HD over Martin Fire 6:30 am
- RAW VIDEO: SKY7-HD over the scene (1)
- RAW VIDEO: SKY7-HD over the scene (2)
- RAW VIDEO: SKY7-HD over the scene (3)
- RAW VIDEO: Home threatened by fire
- RAW VIDEO: Home burns in fire
- 11 PM: Alan Wang reports
- 11 PM: Lisa Amin reports
- 9 PM: Alan Wang reports
- 6:42 PM: Lisa Amin reports
- 6:40 PM: Wayne Freedman reports
- 6:15 PM: Update from fire officials (Press conference)
- 6:00 PM: Lisa Amin reports
- 5:05 PM: Lisa Amin reports
- INTERVIEW: Batt. Chief Paul Van Gerwen (6:50 PM)
- INTERVIEW: Office of Emergency Services
- INTERVIEW: Bonny Doon Winery employee
- INTERVIEW: Resident describes evacuation
- INTERVIEW: Batt. Chief Paul Van Gerwen
- INTERVIEW: ABC7 photojournalist Ian Babcock
- SLIDESHOW: Photos sent in by viewers
- SLIDESHOW: Bonny Doon fire
- View a Google map of the fire area here
Send us your fire photos
If you have pictures of the Santa Cruz fire or of any other fire burning in the Bay Area, we want to hear from you. Send them to firstname.lastname@example.org and we'll feature them on-air and online.