Whole wheat bread
- 1 Qt. Scalded Milk
- 2 Eggs, beaten
- 4 tsp. Salt
- 10 Cups Whole Wheat Flour
- ¼ Lb. Butter
- 2 Yeast Cakes (i yeast cake is equal to 1 Pkg. dry yeast.)
- 1 Cup Honey
- 1 Cup Wheat Germ
- Scald milk (bring almost to a boil). Let it cool.
- Dissolve yeast into ½ cup into luke warm water. Then add to cooled milk.
- Add honey butter, salt, beaten eggs, wheat germ, and 5 cups whole wheat flour. Beat it for 5 min.
- Slowly add 5 more Cups of whole wheat flour one at a time until it becomes easy to handle and dough like. Kneed for 5 minutes and then put into a greased bowl. Place it in warm place to rise until doubled in size.
- Punch down - kneed for 2 min. Let rise again until doubled. Punch down and cut into 4 equal sections.
- Kneed each section for 5 min. and put into greased and floured loaf pan. Let rise until it is about doubled in size.
- Bake at 325 for 45 min. (check after about 35 min.)