Ways to achieve happiness and keep your gratitude in perspective:
- Keep a weekly gratitude journal and starting a gratitude circle.
- Make a gratitude board of magazine images of things you are grateful for and keep checking back at the board in times of stress or when you need a perspective.
- Shift your thoughts to positive ones.
- Learn to practice a grateful attitude.
- Embrace a daily chosen attitude… every single day give thanks throughout the day, refrain your thoughts about being appreciative about everything.
- We think that if good things happen to us, we will be happy but it's really the opposite when we are happy, good things happen
Nina Lesowitz is a gratitude practitioner in the San Francisco Bay Area. A volunteer for literacy organizations, she also runs Spinergy Group which represents authors and corporate clients as well as non profits.
The recipient of numerous awards and tributes including a national award for excellence in media relations, Nina is co-author of the bestselling book, The Party Girl Cookbook. She becomes more thankful each passing day for the myriad blessings in her life.
About the book:
Living Life as a Thank You is a healing guidebook for people looking to bring more joy and stronger social connections into their lives. Whatever is given - even a difficult and challenging moment - is a gift. Saying thank-you every day inspires feelings of love, compassion, and hope.
According to Nina, all it takes is to believe in this notion: "When we are happy, good things happen."