Hot tips for spring and summer:
- It's all about pops of colors. There are a lot of pastels--soft lilacs, pinks, peaches--that also have a little punch to brighten the face. In Spring/Summer it's all about texture, softness and glowing luminous skin, so using sheer textures will give you that look of radiant skin that is especially flattering this time of year and year round.
- It's about using the right products that can protect the skin and can stand up to the heat. Use a primer prior to applying foundation to help combat excess oil and prevent shine while also providing a nice base for extra longwearing foundation application.
- Foundation is ideal for those that are naturally prone to oiliness throughout the day since it controls shine and oil.
- Primer also helps eyecolor last longer and not fade throughout the day. It also helps fill in lines on the eyelids, so you can even wear it alone. Protect skin with an SPF of 15 or higher.
- To make lipcolor last longer, try a layered lip look. First apply lipstick to fill in and define lips with rich creamy color and then layer a gloss on top for some additional shimmer and shine.
- There are no rules with color. If you want to wear blue eyecolor, then wear blue color. Are you over 50? Then wear shimmer on your eyes--don't think you can't. Color makes us happy and we all should be embracing color more.
The Quickie Van will be on the road through March. From there it's off to New York and then to Chicago. With the Quickie Van we are asking women to "Rethink the Quickie' and we are performing live (& quick) make-unders in the streets of these key cities.The van is eco-friendly and we have retrofitted it to make it resemble our boutiques so the experience is genuine and authentic.
About Leslie A. Blodgett:
She has served as Chief Executive Officer of Bare Escentuals and a member of the board of directors of Bare Escentuals and that of its predecessor since 1995. From 1995 until May 2006, Ms. Blodgett also served as President of Bare Escentuals and that of its predecessor. Prior to joining Bare Escentuals, Ms. Blodgett held various positions at Neutrogena, a dermatology division of Johnson & Johnson, a manufacturer of health care products, Procter & Gamble, Inc., a manufacturer and distributor of household products and Max Factor, a cosmetics division of Procter & Gamble. Ms. Blodgett completed the Cosmetic Marketing Program at the Fashion Institute of Technology in New York, New York.